Friday, December 7, 2012

Animal Tracks 7

So! I have actually found out a lot of information thanks to Maria Rodi at KittyKind in NYC, Lauren Butcher for The Raptor Trust, and Stacey Weiss from the soon-to-be Wild Adventures Zoo. They've all given me information on how they were inspired to create or join their organization, how they're funded, and what kind of animals they have.


I've decided on trying to make my sanctuary a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization. What that means is I can get money from the government to fund my project. It's a pretty lengthy and involved process, (you have to incorporate as a nonprofit organization at the state level in NJ and then file for 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS at the federal level) but once everything is up and running, it will be well worth it!

Now, you may notice that the title has changed.
I've finally decided on a name for my sanctuary! For a while I was going back and forth, trying to think of a name with meaning and a name people would remember.

With my sanctuary, I hope to make more tracks in the world. More footprints and paw-prints and claw-prints. I want to help. And that's what I'm going to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for helping to improve our projects!