Sunday, December 9, 2012

Reflection 6

Class, I posted my first blog tip this week. My first blog tip was about patience in the recruiting process. I offered tips and suggestions on how to market yourself as a player who has abilities and as a player who may not be the best. While I know these posts are important, there is no audience viewing them. Can someone please give me tips on how to get my blog views. I am considering switching to an actual website instead of a blogger page because it registers more direct google results. Maybe I should change the name? I do not know how to get my page out there. Again, please please please leave me a comment on how to do this. I learned this week that the knowledge I have about this process is very valuable information and will be very beneficial. I am looking into potential websites that I can set up. Also, can someone tell me how to set up a website? I am sorry for asking for so much help, but I have drawn a blank. Thanks again.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan, you could try to use this website http://www.webs.com/ to make a website. In addition this website: http://webdesign.about.com/od/promotion/a/aa081798.htm provides valuable information on how to "Boost your View" you should take a look at it. Also, you could try to use Facebook and twitter to spread the word about your site, and ask the public to view and comment on your website. I think that by making the website and posting your link in different forums and blogs you will be able to get the attention you are seeking for. Remember whatever you do, you need to make interesting and worthwhile. You need to find a way to present your information in a way that draws the reader to your website/blog. One last thing, you could seek permission from the proper authorities to send a massive email through our school email to everyone on campus relating your website/blog and the purpose of your project. This is another way to get more action on your website/blog. Hang in there buddy, it will be all right. Glad to be of help, if you need anymore please do not hesitate to ask. Now, go on... get cracking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing with an actual website is you have to pay to host.

    I disagree with Chantley; give ut to the counselors rather than an email blast. Use your social network... check out Cybraryman's website to find guidance and college related hashtags....

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for helping to improve our projects!