Thursday, November 8, 2012

HomeMade Bundles of Love (3)

Hey guys! Although Hurricane Sandy has taken my power. I haven't stopped working on this! There's an offline mode where I can edit the website on my laptop. My focus right now is to take pictures of the hats with real people. It just looks more appealing see a hat on an actual head rather than on a mannequin or just flat on a table.

This raised a serious question though. Would I use a school setting and a student? I began to realize that this involves having it approved by higher authority (school principal and others), getting a few consent forms for the school and parents, and lots of time. I decided to use a friend outside of school over (she's over 18) to take pictures with these hats at a public park. My major concern about this was not to have the "model" ask for compensation... which would be tight on my budget (more about my budget next time). 

Making a consent form seems pretty easy, but making sure it's fool-proof is kind of difficult. I'm working on that and want to make it as neat as possible. My sister also knows a lawyer named Samantha (she wanted to keep her name and firm private) and she spoke to her about my concerns. Samantha agreed to review my consent form and inform me of any "loopholes" I've missed. She has also agreed to help me in the future with any questions. I know she will be great help! 

I decided to use a binder because I wanted to keep paper records. This will also help me keep track of orders, money, and any other things I'll need in the future. This didn't affect my budget since I have loads of binders at home. I also got the amazing idea from Amanda to use excel after watching her use it for her project. I never really used Excel, so now my plan is to go to the library and to look up tutorials on how Excel completes basic functions. It'll make my life way easier.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent thought reaching out to a lawyer!

    Let's talk about Evernote to help you scan those paper records, keep them organized, and easily searchable and accessible.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for helping to improve our projects!