Thursday, October 11, 2012

HomeMade Bundles of Love (1)


When the class was told about 20% time, I was a bit excited. Why? Because I already had an idea pop up. Start a business! It seems like everyday new businesses are created (and I assume many others shut down.) But how does one start a business (specifically online)? My project will focus on beginning a business selling homemade items such as hats, scarves, and other homemade items. Although I do not plan on working on this project with other students, I plan to end up working with women who sew, knit, and crochet in a this special place called Josephine's Place . The women there have always spoken to each other about starting a business, but just never knew how. In the end, this project is worthwhile, because whether I fail or succeed, I'm not doing this to become rich and famous, but to help others make their dreams come true and show them talent and hard work does not go unseen. I honestly haven't figured out a specific audience/user base/ client for this project, but I am planning to give a quick  survey out by next week to random people online. (I'm open to ideas about this guys!)
In addition to helping others out, I know that learning the ways of business will help me later on in the future. It may not necessarily be online, but I'll learn about money, about "shipping and handling" and so much more. It's really exciting because it's uncharted territory, something I just have no idea about! At the end of it all, I PLAN to show a successful website and positive sales. The expenses of the project can be minimal (with most of the cost going to buying yarn and buying my website). I will be able to cover my expenses. Equipment used will be camera (take picture of products), computer (for making the website)... and anything else used will be posted at a later date. I plan to launch my official website in January.

Any ideas or constructive criticism?

1 comment:

  1. This post was in draft mode; I went ahead and published for you but feel free to edit it if you were not finished.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for helping to improve our projects!