Monday, October 8, 2012

Reflection Week 1: Popular Literature

Reflection Week 1!

So my project idea is to study popular literature, in particular the Harry Potter Series, Twilight Saga, and Hunger Games series, to see if there is any correlation between the themes and ideas presented in each. My main goal is to discover what makes these series so popular. Why, out of all the amazing books published each year, do these stand out as the best.

My plan is to compare the books and see if there is a "formula" to producing a best selling book for our current society. My final product will be a book idea using the formula I develop that should theoretically attract similar readers and popularity as the series listed above.

This first week I didn't get past the planning stage. I am planning on using the three series above to look for similarities to base my formula on.

The goal for next week is to start researching the series and going through book lists to verify the books I will use in developing my formula. Feel free to post questions, comments, or concerns. Until next time!
(Picture credit: http://www.google.com/imgres?start=150&um=1&hl=en&biw=1777&bih=887&tbm=isch&tbnid=giMAMItNVVZdCM:&imgrefurl=http://standardizedteacher.com/tag/education/&docid=BUuKIwYcWkzSOM&imgurl=http://standardizedteacher.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/books.jpg&w=960&h=1280&ei=xXd7UPb4LMen0AG1h4GoCA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=393&sig=107054092131403344421&page=4&tbnh=145&tbnw=116&ndsp=46&ved=1t:429,r:54,s:100,i:166&tx=68&ty=104)

2 comments:

  1. Develop your reflection. It should involve what work you have done over the week, any struggles you've faced, and what your plans are for the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When crediting a picture, credit the actual source, not the Google search page url.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for helping to improve our projects!