Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Week 2 : Safety of Makeup

Week 2! I'm a little,well a lot late with this post, since it's halfway through week 3 by now, but I have made a lot of decisions on my project in this past week or two. For one , I have decided to just focus on makeup and not cosmetics as whole. Focusing on cosmetics as a whole would include talking about lotion and perfume. I decided that was too much, and that my PSA would be better if it just focused on the safety of specific makeup brands.I am still on the fence about creating my own makeup product. It would be a lot of fun, but also a lot of work, possibly work I could not accomplish.I have decided to poll the senior class girls about what makeup they wear. I hope to get that poll set up and on the class webpage, by the end of class Friday.I downloaded iMovie and started working on my video. I also am almost done with a quick one minute trailer, which is just sort of a fun intro to the finished PSA project everyone will see in January.

 Which Poll Should I use?
Possible Poll Websites: 


 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an student of Mary Lou Kandigan, I suggest that you have a target group and randomly select these students y using any of the following methods: simple random sample, stratified random sample, or table of D. The methods you have chosen above may lead to bias. By using these methods you results may be an overestimate or an underestimate of the entire population. Which may not be a correct estimate of the entire population or whatever group you are targeting. In addition you may want to use of placebo, because this will allow you to make a more accurate inference outside the margin of error.

    Happy Blogging,
    Don't Put Lizards in Your Eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I think we've discussed, I'm particularly fond of using forms in Google docs to help compile data like this.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for helping to improve our projects!