Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Found It! (Animal Tracks 1)

Alright, so I know this is a little late, but that's because I lost the blog and couldn't find it.
The title also refers to the fact that I've figured out what I'm going to do my project on!
Yay.
So, since about seventh grade, I've had this idea, this inspiration, if you could call it that.
It started out as a zoo. But then I looked at the captivity and thought "This isn't right..." Then, I looked at what Six Flags had done with their safari. Again, I thought "this isn't right either..." Then the idea hit me: an animal sanctuary. Sort of a shelter, not quite a zoo or captivity. It's a place where animals that were in bad situations go to get fixed up and put back where they belong. And if they aren't fit for the wild any more, they live on-site on a vast plot of land, hundreds of acres wide.
So what does this have to do with my project?
I'm going to start the planning. I'm going to design the layout, figure out expenses, what animals I would be able to take in or would want to take in... Those sorts of things.
My end product will (hopefully) be a well thought out, well organized, and completely plausible plan for an Animal Sanctuary of my own.
It's mostly research based, but I'm hoping to maybe visit ones that already exist (that allow visitation) and ask people how they started.

My other idea had to do with video games and I was really interested in it, but I feel as though this will get me further ahead in life, and will really help me in the future.

So, what do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever visited Popcorn Park Zoo in Forked River? It's amazing.

    My sister in law is in the process of starting a zoo in Las Vegas. If at all helpful, http://www.wildadventureszoo.org/ is the website. I'm quite certain she would be happy to speak with you about the process she has gone through thus far.

    What is your planned final product, though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And my final product is a plan, with all factors considered.

      Delete

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for helping to improve our projects!