Friday, January 18, 2013

doctor visit today (9)

     Hey guys so I'm actually going to the pyschiatrist today, to talk about my own little learning disability, ADHD. We're going to be discussing my medication and our meetings and what else we can do to help me. While I'm there I'm going to pick up some pamphlets on learning diasbilities/behavior issues and on their medications and treatments. I will also be talking to him about 5o4 plans and getting infomation for the project. Another part of my project, as well as the final product is to not only discuss and explain how a student would get a 504 plan but see if I, myself can  get a 504 plan.
    To be completely honest, I don't really want a 5o4 plan, I've talked about  with my counsleor beginning of junior year of how I could get extra time on assignments but I felt that would be cheating and/or unfair and I didn't want to take the "easy way out" but throughout my junior and senior year I've come to realize that its not unfair but actually more fair. I'm allowed and suppose to have extra time and maybe If I accpeted the help offered I wouldnt be struggling as much as I do in school with meeting deadlines and handling all of my work. "Normal" kids have issues with keeping up and surviving in school and then theres people like me... for us its much harder.  I will definitely post tonight after my appointment and let you guys know how it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for helping to improve our projects!