Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Reflection Week 10: Popular Literature

Reflection Week 10: Popular Literature

 

REFLECTION WEEK 10!

This week I spent time looking at a modern part of best sellers, being turned into movies. I found some interesting things during my research. Many of the best sellers people know are discovered by people through the movie based on them.
 
In the research I did, I found that following a movie release of a best selling book book sales tended to go up. In certain series, including Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and even Twilight. The popularity has moved passed movies and books into many different forms of merchandise. In novel series movies that came out before the final book often boosted the final book sales as well.
 
While movies can help a best selling novel produce more book sales, it can also take a previously under sold novel and give their sales a major boost. Before the Twilight movies, the books sold well, however, following the movies sales of the books nearly doubled.
 
While this isn't strictly related to literature and creating best sellers, in the world we live in now it is a major part of it. Unlike before when books were the major form of entertainment, the world has evolved to which media plays a major if not one of the most important roles. I felt like not looking into it might leave something out of the project.
 
My plans for the next week is to get back to strictly literature, finalizing all my ideas for my best selling novel formula and speak more about my plans for my final project.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for helping to improve our projects!